The words we tell ourselves are powerful. The words you choose to accept or repeat to yourself will start to shape your life. That’s because words carry a story, and the stories we tell ourselves become a part of how we think and how we live our lives. Motivational quotes for weight loss help us tell a new story so we can start living it.
I used to tell myself quotes that I’d picked up along that way that were NOT helping me lose weight. Things like, “I can’t lose weight because of my genetic makeup” or “once you have kids, you can’t ever really feel sexy and lean again” or “The only way I can lose weight is if I starve myself, and I like food too much to do that for long.”
That last part is true, I do like food too much to deprive myself of it. But now I know that there are so many healthy foods that will help me to lose weight that taste A-mazing. No starvation here!
I also like to keep motivational quotes for weight loss in places where I can see them easily. This was especially important for me when I was just getting serious about finally losing 40 pounds. It’s a way to reprogram your thinking and break free of old patterns so you can be that strong, toned, happy person you know you are deep inside.
Here are 15 of my favorite motivational quotes for weight loss to help you get inspired and stay on track when you’re feeling discouraged.
Motivational quotes for weight loss
1. “Only I can change my life. No one can do it for me.”
(1) This was a big one for me because I finally came to a point where I realized that I was the only person responsible for my happiness. That included my health and the way I felt about my body. Once I realized this, everything shifted and I started making progress.
2. “Food, like your money, should be working for you.”
3. “It’s Not A Diet, It’s A Lifestyle Change”
I’m NOT on a diet. I changed the way I look at food and use it. So, I don’t diet and then go back to eating normal anymore. I changed my normal to include healthy, fat-burning foods that make me feel vibrant and satisfied. You can too!
this FREE PDF.
4. “A goal without a plan is just a wish”
This one! You can dream of having the perfect body, but waking up and taking action with a plan is how it becomes a reality.
5. “Weight loss doesn’t begin in the gym with a dumbbell; it starts in your head with a decision.”
6. “Don’t compare yourself to others. Compare yourself to the person from yesterday.”
7. “Eating can be both enjoyable and nourishing.”
8. “To change your body you must first change your mind.”
So much of weight loss of any change we’re trying to make in life is about what’s going on in our heads. The way we look at the world now and the decisions we make will impact our bodies tomorrow.
If we can commit to the now, do it again tomorrow, and then for the next month, we’re winning.
These past four have a pearl of similar wisdom to them. Motivational quotes for weight loss are all about helping you make a decision, stick with it, and know that a quick fix is never the ultimate answer.
9. “The distance between who am I am and who I want to be is only separated by what I do!”
10. “Food is fuel, not therapy.”
We all do this! At some point, you KNOW that you’re headed straight for the freezer for a “bite” (more like half a pint) or double chocolate brownie fudge swirl ice cream instead of facing your feelings head on.
Food is what sustains us. It gives us the energy we need to be our best selves. Diving headfirst into a sugary mistake to eat our feelings is the opposite of that. Remembering the wonderful true function of food can help you to reframe it!
14.“My body supports me in every way, every day.”
15. “I select foods that boost my vitality.”
These last two are so important because they help us remember that our relationships with our bodies should be two-sided. You can’t expect to treat your body badly with foods that don’t serve you and then to stay looking and feeling vibrant.
You can choose one of the most basic forms of self-care, eating what your body needs, and it will thank you with health, strength, and glowing beauty.
free printable PDF with recipes now!
What motivational quotes for weight loss have inspired you? Please share them below. I’d love more!